23/01/2010

Chromophobic

house screen-print in blue
When I began making cards I loved almost every crazy colour combination (tasteful or otherwise), more recently I'm resisting the urge to turn everything grey. It's no reflection on my sombre outlook, it just seems somehow less shouty.

Two Up, Two Down was intended to be a full-tilt colour extravaganza, but luckily (bewitched by Delft pottery and swarthy sea tattoos) I limited the palette to blues. If I get the chance I'll try a black and white one too... I may as well work this thing through.

screen print ink pot

3 comments:

Amy C said...

its perfectly lovely, and I love how you displayed it too.

Lesley Todd said...

gorgeous! love how you've shown your inspiration for the colours with it. brilliant!

Unknown said...

love the blues